Dr. Andrew Walter Park
Dr. Park, born in 1879, was Cochrane’s first resident doctor. He served Cochrane and the surrounding area, as well as the Morley Indian Reserve. When he and his new bride built a house in Cochrane, they added a wing for a small hospital. Dr. Park visited patients on horseback, then horse and buggy and later bought one of the first cars in Cochrane.
Image of Dr. Park used courtesy of the Royal Alberta Museum.